‘Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.’ – Nelson Mandela.
ChildD is home to Australia’s leading group of paediatric dietitians passionate about educating health professionals to provide the best possible care to children.
With more than 70 years combined experience in paediatric dietetics, the team has developed a unique education program to train health professionals in the basics and complexities of dietetic management in children.
Delivered in partnership with the Dietitians Association of Australia, the renowned National Paediatric Dietetic Training Course is the first of its kind in Australia.
ChildD also delivers:
- Bespoke education and training packages on a variety of nutrition related topics to meet the needs of specific audiences
- Nutrition presentations and webinars
- Food industry consultation
- Menu review and analysis for childcare settings, schools, hospitals and healthcare facilities and restaurants.
National Paediatric Dietetic Training Course:
The first of its kind in Australia, this unique program has been designed to educate health professionals in the basics and complexities of dietetic management in children.
Gaining national and international recognition as the most relevant and practical program available, the course aims to give health professionals the skills to confidently care for paediatric patients in every day practice.
The program is open to:
- Student dietitians
- Health professionals
- GPs and other medical officers with a special interest in paediatrics
Led by our experienced and expert team, the course is delivered in three independent, progressive modules:
Paediatric Nutrition for Life
- Growth, nutrition assessment and calculating energy requirements for infants and children
- Infant feeding – breastfeeding and introduction to solids
- Obesity management
- Faltering growth
Paediatric Nutrition for Disease
- Food allergy and other adverse reactions to food
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Malnutrition assessment, screening and refeeding syndrome
- Nutrition support, enteral feeding and specialised formulas
Introduction to Advanced Paediatric Nutrition Areas
- The Ketogenic diet
- Critical care
- Metabolic medicine
- Parenteral nutrition
- Neonatal nutrition
- Management of GI disorders
Module 1 is open to all health professionals. Modules 2 and 3 are open to eligible dietitians and doctors.
Why choose this course ?
It is designed and delivered by five of Australia’s most experienced paediatric dietitians
- Your knowledge of basic paediatric nutrition management will increase exponentially giving you greater confidence in your daily work with children
- You will gain a comprehensive understanding of paediatric nutrition management for various diseases
- Gain access to relevant and current recommendations, guidelines and evidence based literature
- Grow your network of health professionals working in paediatrics
- Log CPD hours if the course aligns with your APD learning goals
- Receive a Certificate of Attendance or Professional Certificate for Dietitians attending Module 2 and/or 3
We present each module in a dynamic face-to-face environment over two days using workshops, lectures, discussions and case studies. Some pre-course work is required to help you gain the most benefit from the course.